Friday, October 16, 2009

Hair Clip/headband holder


Bow holder first, headbands below,

You know you have seen these babies every where, I know I know every where. But you don't have to go out and buy one. One day a while back I go so sick of looking for bows and hair clips all over this house that I thought...It's time... I need a bow holder.

So here is what you do:

Go to your fabric stash and find some fabric. It could even be an old table cloth or pillow case. Anything that you want. Just something that you love and want to hang on your wall.

Next, find something you want to use to wrap your fabric in. I chose a giant cork board like this. I have also seen them done with huge picture frames and I think that would be totally cute.

Next, cut your fabric to be slightly larger then your board. Big enough to wrap around and glue to the back. Then using hot glue wrap the fabric really tight around the board and glue it to the back.

Last, I found some yellow ribbon to match my bathroom. I glued my strips however I wanted. There is no wrong way.I glued both ends of the ribbon to the back of the board you just want to make sure they are very tight so that they don't droop.

Oops, one more thing, now you must go on a bow hunt through your entire house and attach the dang clips to your new cute board so you will never have to look for them again!!!


While I was at the blips I was thinking wait, what about all of those headbands??? I looked around and found this plastic bin in one of my closets. I used the same ribbon as the bow board and I found a giant flower and started gluing away. It's been nice to know exactly where all our headbands will be!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home