Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Picasso Within







My Baby loves to draw mermaids. Seriously we have about 50 lying around here. I love them. I think that they just scream childhood, fairytales, and fantasy. I have been wanting to display them in her room somehow and decided that I was going to Modge podge one onto a large canvas for her. So One day we pulled out our canvas and chose scrapbook paper to put on as the background. I asked her to draw me her best mermaid and she said she'd rather modge podge one. And I thought briliant! Let's try. So together we pieced her a mermaid pretty much identical to the ones that she draws. Notice the circle hands and crazy face! She then insisted on adding some of my clip on vintage earrings. (I'm not gonna lie It is hard for me to part with those babies!) We finished with her autograph in the lower corner on the heart. I still want to display her actual drawings and I will get to that one day, but for now I love this original piece of art done my Madi herself!
PS she is definitly my daughter, notice her ear bling, she has an obsession with them as well!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Laci said...

That is so so darling! What a talented little girl :) You are a cute mom! K I need more info on the place we were talking about today I would love to take Navi there!
P.s Your cute face is on my blog as of now ;)

April 6, 2010 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

Awww..that's adorable. What a perfect keepsake of her talents! Very cute.

April 8, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home